According to Webster's Definitions Total is "involving
a complete and unified effort especially to achieve a desired effect"
and Integration is defined as "an act or
instance of combining into an integral whole".
contractor is building a house in your municipality. He applies for a Building
Permit which then gives you the ability to verify the contractor license and
insurance expiration date.
The contractor pays the appropriate permit fees which are then collected
and posted to the appropriate departmental revenues.
The application is reviewed and the permit is approved and printed.
|Select a product group from above to learn more.
At that point:
- A Customer Account is added to the Utility Billing System
- Water and Sewer tapping/connection
fees are collected and posted to the appropriate account
- A Work Order is generated for meter installation and Sewer connection
personnel are scheduled
- Detailed inspection checklist is generated for each activity
- Results are
tracked and re-inspection is scheduled if needed
- Once the final inspection is approved, a Use and Occupancy Certificate
- A Certificate of outstanding charges is generated if appropriate
- The property is transferred to the New Home Owner
- The County issues a permanent Parcel ID Number
- The various modules are updated with the new PIN number
- The appropriate data is integrated and displayed to GIS system
The example above is only one of many possibilities, for this scenario the modules
- General Ledger
- Utility Billing
- Business License
- Accounts Receivable
- Service Orders
- Certification Module